When it comes to orthodontic treatment, many patients wonder, is it worth it? What results will I see? What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment? These are all perfectly normal questions.
Here are some answers. Braces can straighten teeth, close gaps, and correct spacing, resulting in a more comfortable, functional, and confident smile. While many assume that braces are primarily for improving appearance, that is only one of the many benefits of straight teeth.
Correctly aligned bite and spaced teeth can provide the following benefits:
- Alleviate unnecessary wear and grinding that can lead to TMJ, neck pain, or headaches.
- Prevent ineffective chewing and digestion problems.
- Form a dental profile that is less prone to tooth injury.
- Help those with speech impediments speak clearly.
- Improve oral health by helping create spaced teeth, making them easier to brush and floss.
- Lead to healthier gums, better prevention of cavities, and prevention against periodontal disease.
- Contribute to a positive self-image, which encourages effective dental hygienic habits that preserve your beautiful smile.
After your orthodontic treatment, you may need to wear a retainer. Made from acrylic or wire material, your dentist will take an impression, or mold, of your newly aligned teeth for a proper fit.
Wearing retainers after getting braces is essential for the overall health of your teeth. They will help you maintain teeth alignment for a long time.
Damon Metal Braces
Damon metal braces are similar to traditional braces, but instead of having brackets that tighten, Damon braces use a slide mechanism that moves naturally with the teeth as they realign. The sliding mechanism of Damon metal braces makes them comfortable to wear due to less pressure applied to your teeth. Damon metal braces are also more aesthetically pleasing due to the innovative design, removing the need for elastic ligatures and reducing the bracket size. When considering your orthodontic treatment, Damon metal braces gives you the option for a reduced treatment time, less appointments and a more pleasing smile.
Other Things You Should Know
If you live in the Greencastle, Indiana area, visit our team at Dental Care of Greencastle or call us at 765-630-3170 to make an appointment.